InfoPath is Microsoft’s software application that allows users to design, distribute, fill, and submit electronic forms that contain structured data. Till 2015, InfoPath forms were heavily used by most organizations, especially in SharePoint on-premises environment. But, with the involvement of cloud, InfoPath becomes out-dated, and even Microsoft indicated this by discontinuing its services in 2014. However, there is a better alternative available to InfoPath – PowerApps!
So, here we will discuss what the issues with InfoPath are? What is PowerApps? Key advantages of PowerApps, and is PowerApps replacing InfoPath Forms?
Issues with InfoPath Forms
There were many reasons behind the discontinuity of InfoPath. Here we have tried to highlight some of them.
• The last version of InfoPath was released in 2013, which will no longer be supported by
Microsoft after 2026. And in Office 365, it will no longer be supported after 2023
• Microsoft also announced that there would be no new development with InfoPath
• Desktop client for InfoPath form will only be available till 2026
• It is challenging to use InfoPath forms in SharePoint online
• Coded InfoPath forms are no longer supported in SharePoint online
• Migrating InfoPath forms is a bit complicated, as they cannot be migrated easily and
directly. It requires efforts and time to migrate them and make them workable
• InfoPath browser forms don’t work on mobile devices
• It is not easy to maintain InfoPath forms
But, don’t worry! You can still access all the features of InfoPath Forms with PowerApps. Let’s know a bit about PowerApps.
What is PowerApps?
PowerApps is part of the Office 365 ecosystem that allows users to create business apps quickly without writing any code. These apps can run on almost every device and browser. Here are some other benefits of PowerApps:
Connect with me:
Blog: http://www.meetsameer.com/ Twitter: https://twitter.com/sameerm2003